Stack type mainsail handling systems have become quite popular for good reason. These systems allow you to integrate a mainsail cover with lazy-jacks which greatly reduces the hassles of raising, lowering and stowing a conventional mainsail. The Ustack is Ullman Sails' version of the mainsail stack system. We've spent years looking at what others have done and developing our own ideas to come up with the best mainsail stack system on the market. Each Ustack is custom designed and built to fit the unique characteristics of your boat.
Some of the unique features of the Ullman Ustack:
- Low batten profile to keep windage to a minimum
- Fitted center flaps and full front flap for complete coverage of sail
- All zippers hidden from the sun by either a cover flap or by creating a "blind" zipper seam
- Chafe protection at front and back end and wherever else necessary
- Optional roll-away feature to allow the Ustack to be rolled down to the boom and lazy jacks stowed
- Webbing attachment points for lazy jacks (cheaper systems simply tie lazyjacks to battens)
- Reinforced openings for reefing lines
- Custom graphics available
- Available in all of the colors of the Sunbrella rainbow so it will match your other canvas
Below are some images of an Ullman Ustack recently installed on an Island Packet.
Here are a couple of larger multihulls that we've fitted with Ullman Ustack systems.